Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    More women will die if domestic abusers leave prison early, victim’s parents warn | Domestic violence

    Nothing less than radical whole-system change is required to fix the NHS’s maternity services | Julia Sanders

    Can exercise really help improve my sex life? | Well actually

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube LinkedIn
    Naija Global News |
    Monday, August 17
    • Business
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Education
    • Social Issues
    • Technology
    • More
      • Crime & Justice
      • Environment
      • Entertainment
    Naija Global News |
    You are at:Home»Environment»Trump energy secretary to return billions set aside for green projects | Trump administration
    Environment

    Trump energy secretary to return billions set aside for green projects | Trump administration

    onlyplanz_80y6mtBy onlyplanz_80y6mtSeptember 24, 2025003 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Trump energy secretary to return billions set aside for green projects | Trump administration
    US energy secretary Chris Wright speaks at the International Atomic Energy Agency conference in Vienna earlier in September. Photograph: Thomas Kronsteiner/Getty Images
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The US energy secretary, Chris Wright, on Wednesday announced that his department will return to the treasury billions of dollars set aside for green projects, while dodging questions about affordability and grid reliability and claiming international climate policy has not lowered emissions.

    “The more people have gotten into so-called climate action, the more expensive their energy has become,” Wright said. “That lowers people’s quality of lives and reduces their life opportunities.”

    The Trump administration aims to end “cancel culture”, Wright said, wherein “you can’t say anything about climate change” without being “shouted down”. He also defended a widely criticized energy department report which experts say was full of climate misinformation, claiming it only contained one figure that was out of line with a recent National Academies report on climate science.

    Asked about concerns that the administration’s widespread attacks on climate policy, Wright said climate action had not delivered.

    “We’ve had 30 years, more than 30 years, since the Kyoto protocol,” he said “We haven’t even changed the trajectory of global greenhouse gas emissions.”

    However, since the adoption of the Paris agreement, the projected rise in global warming has been dramatically reduced, from over four degrees celsius of temperature rise expected by the century’s end to 2.6C if climate action plans are fully implemented, according to the UN secretary general.

    Wright also announced plans to return $13bn in Biden-era funding for green projects, which his department said were “initially appropriated to advance the previous administration’s wasteful ‘Green New Scam’ agenda”. He did not clarify which green projects would be targeted.

    Questioned about his administration’s attempts to halt wind-farm construction, including ones that are already permitted, Wright said the administration is merely investigating widespread concerns about the projects’ impacts, including on whale populations. Scientists say there is no credible evidence that wind turbines pose a major danger to whales.

    Asked if future presidential administrations should be able to launch similar attacks on already permitted fossil-fuel projects, he said they already have, citing Biden’s revocation of a permit for the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline.

    The president has pledged to slash electricity bills by half. Yet grid operators have said the Trump administration’s efforts to halt renewable energy while keeping costly coal plants online have forced them to increase utility bills. Wright dodged a question about those rising costs, claiming that Biden’s efforts to close coal plants raised the price of electricity.

    Asked if he plans to go to Cop30, the United Nations climate talks in Brazil, in November, Wright said no.

    “I don’t have any plans to go there,” he said.

    administration billions energy green projects Return secretary set Trump
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleZoox asks federal regulators for exemption to launch a commercial robotaxi service
    Next Article Boris Johnson says Farage’s stance on Russia is ‘extremely dangerous’ | Boris Johnson
    onlyplanz_80y6mt
    • Website

    Related Posts

    How Trump’s order on vaccines is sowing confusion, doubt and fear | Donald Trump

    August 16, 2026

    PM asks justice secretary to find way to exclude PC Harper’s killers from early release scheme | UK criminal justice

    August 11, 2026

    Trump signs order attempting to override CDC vaccine schedule and break up MMR shots | Donald Trump

    August 10, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    The science influencers going viral on TikTok to fight misinformation

    February 17, 20262 Views

    How Paul Newby Made North Carolina a Blueprint for Conservative Courts — ProPublica

    October 30, 20251 Views

    Watch Lady Gaga’s Perform ‘Vanish Into You’ on ‘Colbert’

    September 9, 20251 Views
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Latest Reviews

    At Chile’s Vera Rubin Observatory, Earth’s Largest Camera Surveys the Sky

    By onlyplanz_80y6mtJune 19, 2025

    SpaceX Starship Explodes Before Test Fire

    By onlyplanz_80y6mtJune 19, 2025

    How the L.A. Port got hit by Trump’s Tariffs

    By onlyplanz_80y6mtJune 19, 2025

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    The science influencers going viral on TikTok to fight misinformation

    February 17, 20262 Views

    How Paul Newby Made North Carolina a Blueprint for Conservative Courts — ProPublica

    October 30, 20251 Views

    Watch Lady Gaga’s Perform ‘Vanish Into You’ on ‘Colbert’

    September 9, 20251 Views
    Our Picks

    More women will die if domestic abusers leave prison early, victim’s parents warn | Domestic violence

    Nothing less than radical whole-system change is required to fix the NHS’s maternity services | Julia Sanders

    Can exercise really help improve my sex life? | Well actually

    Recent Posts
    • More women will die if domestic abusers leave prison early, victim’s parents warn | Domestic violence
    • Nothing less than radical whole-system change is required to fix the NHS’s maternity services | Julia Sanders
    • Can exercise really help improve my sex life? | Well actually
    • How surrogacy helped my sister and friends | Surrogacy
    • Women should not have to travel for hours to give birth | Pregnancy
    © 2026 naijaglobalnews. Designed by Pro.
    • About Us
    • Disclaimer
    • Get In Touch
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.