Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ‘They tell me I am being sectioned. I am not concerned’: Game of Thrones’ Hannah Murray on being sent to a psychiatric hospital | Game of Thrones

    Flotilla video: Ben-Gvir’s template of televised abuse was honed on Palestinians | Israel

    Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube LinkedIn
    Naija Global News |
    Saturday, May 23
    • Business
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Education
    • Social Issues
    • Technology
    • More
      • Crime & Justice
      • Environment
      • Entertainment
    Naija Global News |
    You are at:Home»Politics»Yemen’s Houthis fire at Israel airport amid search for Red Sea ship crew | Houthis News
    Politics

    Yemen’s Houthis fire at Israel airport amid search for Red Sea ship crew | Houthis News

    onlyplanz_80y6mtBy onlyplanz_80y6mtJuly 10, 2025003 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Yemen’s Houthis fire at Israel airport amid search for Red Sea ship crew | Houthis News
    Yemen's Houthis released a video purporting to show the Greek-operated, Liberia-flagged Eternity C sinking in the Red Sea [Handout/Houthi Media Centre via Reuters]
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Four sailors from Eternity C dead, 10 found alive, 11 still missing – six believed to be in Houthi hands.

    Houthi rebels in Yemen attempted to strike Israel’s Ben Gurion airport after sinking two vessels in the Red Sea this week, as the group ramps up its military pressure in support of Palestinians under Israeli fire in its bid to bring the war in Gaza to an end.

    Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said on Thursday that the group had carried out a “qualitative military operation” with a ballistic missile after the Israeli military reported the strike had been intercepted.

    Meanwhile, maritime security sources told the Reuters news agency that the Houthis were holding six crew members from the Greek-operated, Liberia-flagged Eternity C vessel, which the rebel group attacked on Monday, killing at least four sailors.

    A total of 25 people were on board the Eternity C, according to Aspides, the European Union’s naval task force patrolling the Red Sea. Ten crew members were reportedly pulled out of the sea alive after the vessel sank on Tuesday, while 11 are still missing – with six believed to be in Houthi hands.

    Saree said on Wednesday that the Houthis had “moved to rescue a number of the ship’s crew, provide them with medical care and transport them to a safe location”.

    The United States embassy in Yemen countered that on X, accusing the rebels of kidnapping the crew members after “killing their shipmates, sinking their ship and hampering rescue efforts”.

    The attack on the Eternity C came one day after the Houthis struck and sunk the Magic Seas, reviving a campaign launched in November 2023 that has seen more than 100 ships attacked. All the crew from the Magic Seas were rescued.

    After Sunday’s attack, the Houthis declared that ships owned by companies with ties to Israel were a “legitimate target” and pledged to “prevent Israeli navigation in the Red and Arabian Seas … until the aggression against Gaza stops and the blockade is lifted”.

    Late on Sunday, Israel’s military attacked Yemen, bombing the ports of Hodeidah, Ras Isa and as-Salif, as well as the Ras Qantib power plant on the coast. The Houthis had fired missiles towards Israeli territory in retaliation.

    Israel said its attacks also hit a ship, the Galaxy Leader, which was seized by the Houthis in late 2023 and held in Ras Isa port.

    The Houthis held 25 crew members from the Galaxy for 430 days before releasing them in January this year.

    airport crew Fire Houthis Israel news red sea search ship Yemens
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleUndocumented builders face unchecked exploitation amid Trump raids: ‘It’s more work, less pay’ | US news
    Next Article What Are Pete Hegseth’s Plans for Women in the Military?
    onlyplanz_80y6mt
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Flotilla video: Ben-Gvir’s template of televised abuse was honed on Palestinians | Israel

    May 23, 2026

    Gaza flotilla activists allege sexual assault and rape in Israeli detention | Israel

    May 22, 2026

    Why the fight over abortion pills is only just beginning – Stateside with Kai and Carter | US news

    May 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Watch Lady Gaga’s Perform ‘Vanish Into You’ on ‘Colbert’

    September 9, 20251 Views

    Advertisers flock to Fox seeking an ‘audience of one’ — Donald Trump

    July 13, 20251 Views

    A Setback for Maine’s Free Community College Program

    June 19, 20251 Views
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Latest Reviews

    At Chile’s Vera Rubin Observatory, Earth’s Largest Camera Surveys the Sky

    By onlyplanz_80y6mtJune 19, 2025

    SpaceX Starship Explodes Before Test Fire

    By onlyplanz_80y6mtJune 19, 2025

    How the L.A. Port got hit by Trump’s Tariffs

    By onlyplanz_80y6mtJune 19, 2025

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    Watch Lady Gaga’s Perform ‘Vanish Into You’ on ‘Colbert’

    September 9, 20251 Views

    Advertisers flock to Fox seeking an ‘audience of one’ — Donald Trump

    July 13, 20251 Views

    A Setback for Maine’s Free Community College Program

    June 19, 20251 Views
    Our Picks

    ‘They tell me I am being sectioned. I am not concerned’: Game of Thrones’ Hannah Murray on being sent to a psychiatric hospital | Game of Thrones

    Flotilla video: Ben-Gvir’s template of televised abuse was honed on Palestinians | Israel

    Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief

    Recent Posts
    • ‘They tell me I am being sectioned. I am not concerned’: Game of Thrones’ Hannah Murray on being sent to a psychiatric hospital | Game of Thrones
    • Flotilla video: Ben-Gvir’s template of televised abuse was honed on Palestinians | Israel
    • Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief
    • Screentime swaps: how to quit doomscrolling without quitting your phone | Life and style
    • Teenagers’ non-custodial sentences for rape under review, UK government says | Rape and sexual assault
    © 2026 naijaglobalnews. Designed by Pro.
    • About Us
    • Disclaimer
    • Get In Touch
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.